'cookieOptions = {...};' WELCOME TO MY BLOCK!!!: A GOOD QUESTION THAT DESERVES MY ANSWER…

Friday 14 February 2014

A GOOD QUESTION THAT DESERVES MY ANSWER…

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY WE STILL CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY?

Love should be celebrated everyday & yes Valentine’s Day can be celebrated also as to remind those who forgot or who were preoccupied by work all year-long and other things that love has to be celebrated.
If you were celebrating love all year-long then why not celebrate it now since the world gave you that common day to do so? And if you didn't find enough time then it is the right time to do so...at the end of the day it is only one day to be common to the world as much as Christians in Christmas even though Jesus Christ was not born in December hence it unites them. Lovers need to be united also and Love needs revival as well.
If you love your partner as much as you say you do then why does money have to be a matter...? We buy expensive bottles every now & then, why not a Valentines' gift and secure those late night with the gents. I know my fellow communist friends & family will comment silently accusing me of being deluded by the Western Ideologies hence I know the truth, it is Africa that gave the world the first civilization and then Romans followed. Saint Valentine originates was a Roman priest and his fame is not for to explain hence for the world to celebrate, I myself don’t celebrate the day with an obvious reason which is I’m a single man. With this little message, I hope to generally help St Valentines to spread the idea & message of love. Buy her that bouquet of flowers on your way from work today & you’ll see it works wonders, I am no Dr Love hence I know every woman loves to be loved and embraced with gifts and today my biggest gift to all women in the world is my advice to their men/husbands or even boyfriends to celebrate them today if not St Valentine’s day with them. Yes I don’t my father celebrating the when growing up hence I don’t think he even knew what it was all about and maybe if my relationship status was different I wouldn’t celebrate it myself, all I’m saying is that there is no need of depriving your better half the opportunity of common to the global idea of celebrating love.
One of my friends posted on his Facebook Status a critical question: “HONESTLY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY?” and I being an impulsive person I answered inconsiderably so only to realise that some of the friends included were expecting some accord to stand by in their decision to defy their own intentions in communion with their partners. Impulsive me wouldn’t let my friends down and advise negatively towards their lifetime commitments, what kind of a friend would I be? Hence I felt good about my comment because I was also surprised by my take on love & St Valentine’s Day, I used to be just like them before I decided to be on my own as a single man. The funniest of comments were made & the best highlight of the forum for me was one from Mr Mabule, saying: “We, the National Association of Husbands And Boyfriends (NAHAB) wish to announce our annual 3-day strike which will commence on 13 Feb and end on 15 Feb.
Please note: our cell phones will not be working during the strike and our relationship commitments commence on 16 Feb. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our wives and girlfriends who were hoping to be with us on Valentine's Day. Viva NAHAB viva!”
I almost fell off my office chair laughing & thinking if a man is that creative in thinking and expressing a joke, what would he be doing for his wife for St Valentine’s Day? My gift to you, married women & those in relationships is my “Answer” to the very utmost question from men all over the world around this time of the year… “SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY WE STILL CELEBRATE VALENTINES DAY?”. Happy St Valentine’s Day to everyone in the world, may you share & spread all the love. We have seen enough animosity!!!

2 comments:

  1. Viva NAHAB viva, Honestly I don't need a reminder or holiday to celebrate my partner and our relationship as I try and do that every chance I get with whatever resources I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was married that day so that the Nahab member can reduce on the number of expensive gifts per annum. It's a very American holiday/tradition but it is still a sweet thought
    However, I think the winners here are restaurateurs. ..

    ReplyDelete